Get to Know Your Facilitator: Peter Hulbert
This month’s featured Inversant facilitator is Peter Hulbert, Manager of Boston Area Partnerships. Peter has been with Inversant since the fall of 2017 and helps to manage and facilitate Learning Circles at Inversant’s Boston sites.
- Where are you from originally? Appleton, Wisconsin
- Where did you go to college and what did you study? I did my undergraduate at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities Political Science & Global Studies and my graduate at The Heller School at Brandeis University: International Development.
- How did you come to be involved with Inversant? I was hired in the fall of 2017 to be the manager of the Boston sites. Part of my responsibility of that is to facilitate our Learning Circles in our Boston sites.
- What is your favorite part about being a Learning Circle Facilitator? I enjoy hearing about how families are progressing through the process. Especially during the senior year when their children are applying to schools. It’s exciting to hear when those acceptance letters start to come in and how the parents are using what they learned from our Learning Circles to make an informed decision with their children.
- When you were preparing for college, what do you wish you would have known ahead of time? I wish I would have understood the student aid system and what I was actually taking out with student loans.
- What is the best question you have been asked by a parent during a Learning Circle? I can’t think of a question that sticks out but the best questions are the ones that create discussion with all the families. I love when my Learning Circles are discussions because our families are our best resources.
- What Learning Circle do you think is a “don’t miss” and why? Transition to College is a great workshop to get families to start thinking about those next steps for their children and how to best support them as they move on to the next phase of their lives.
- What was your favorite class in college? Constitutional Law
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Cookie Dough
- What is your favorite thing to do in Boston? I love to take advantage of all the fun street festivals and events in the summer!